The picturesque city of Destin can be found in the northwestern portion of Florida, north of the Gulf of Mexico, and is considered to be the principal city of the Fort Walton Beach-Crestview-Destin, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Characterized by stunning white sand beaches and emerald waters, Destin has been named as “The Emerald Coast City.”It has also been hailed as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” due to its healthy underwater population. The city also offers a diverse array of shopping and dining destinations (plenty of seafood restaurants here!) that are well loved by locals and tourists.
Destin FL Real Estate
Destin has long been a popular vacation spot and draws more than 4.5 million visitors each year. And with the Northwest Florida Regional Airport, located just around seven miles from Destin, getting to this piece of paradise has been made even more convenient. While not as close by, the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is just around an hour’s drive away from Destin.
Real estate in Destin is quite diverse – you’ll find a huge variety of condos and single-family homes located in peaceful and quiet communities, as well as luxurious villas in exclusive gated communities.There are also townhomes and apartments available in the area, as well as a handful of multi-family homes and lots. Destin is located on a peninsula that divides the Gulf of Mexico and Choctawhatchee Bay, which makes for a diverse array of waterfront properties in the area that offer beautiful ocean views.
Attractions and Things to Do
As a beloved vacation destination, Destin has quite a few attractions. These include:
- The beaches: Crystal Beach, Henderson Beach State Park, Silver Shells Beach, and more.
- The Destin Harbor Boardwalk: The heart of Destin, this is where many of its signature events are held such as the Destin Fishing Rodeo and the Destin Seafood Festival.
- Golf: There are several golf courses in the area, including the award-winning courses at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort.
- Shopping and dining: Destin and its nearby areas have a host of shops and restaurants, including shopping centers such as Destin Commons.
- Outdoor activities: Whether you love to fish, snorkel, scuba dive or go on a dolphin cruise, when you’re in Destin you will never run out of things to do in the outdoors.
Homes for Sale in Destin FL
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Information is Deemed Reliable, but is Not Guaranteed Accurate by the Emerald Coast Association of REALTORS® MLS.